When there is a medical issue with your pet, it is our top priority to provide your pet with exceptional care in a calming environment. Our doctors aim to provide the highest level of medicine possible and are committed to continuing education and collaboration. Further, they will consult with both local and national board-certified specialists on an as-needed basis for our patients to ensure your pet receives the most accurate diagnosis and best treatment possible; at times, your veterinarian may recommend referral of your pet to one of these specialists. In those cases where pets need to be hospitalized, there are dog-only and cat-only wards to minimize fear, stress, and anxiety. There is also a specific isolation ward for those pets with potentially contagious diseases. In addition to addressing common issues such as gastrointestinal signs, lameness, and respiratory signs, our doctors have interests in several specialties, including:
- Internal medicine – management and diagnosis of conditions such as diabetes mellitus, hypo- and hyperthyroidism, Cushing’s disease, Addison’s disease, infectious disease (including tick-borne disease), immune-mediated diseases (including ITP, IMHA), and inflammatory bowel disease
- Ophthalmology – management and diagnosis of conditions such as corneal ulceration, KCS (“dry eye”), uveitis, glaucoma, entropion, ectropion, prolapsed nictitans (“cherry eye”)
- Neurology – management and diagnosis of conditions such as seizures disorders, intracranial disease, cranial nerve conditions, vestibular issues, and spinal issues including pain, paresis (weakness), & ataxia (incordination
- Cardiology – management and diagnosis of conditions such as congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, and congenital heart disease
- Oncology – diagnosis of lymphoma, mast cell cancer, sarcomas, melanomas, hemangiosarcoma, osteosarcoma. We offer some surgical and chemotherapeutic treatments on a case-by-case basis depending upon the type of cancer and its grade/stage.
- Dermatology – management and diagnosis of ear infections, aural hematomas, immune-mediated skin diseases, infectious skin disease, and allergies from atopic, food, and flea sources